Re: [Classicrendezvous] Which Holdsworth do I have?

(Example: Component Manufacturers)

From: "KCTOMMY" <>
To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [Classicrendezvous] Which Holdsworth do I have?
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 23:39:07 -0500

Holdsworth normally were sold as both built bikes and frames. Most of the ones I've seen in the US were bare frames, so there's no "right" component group for it. Being English, it would probably have been built with Campy from the era, but could have been built French ala the Raleigh Record Ace from '73. In the US around Detroit I saw several in the late 70's early 80's built with high end Japanese stuff, Dura Ace or Cyclone/Superbe.

I'm guessing that the bike is late 70's early 80's, from the braze ons. Early 70's didn't have any brazeons to speak of, while down tube shifter bosses that your frame is missing came in around '79-'80.

Tom Adams, going to bed in Kansas City

-----Original Message----- From: <> To: <> Date: Monday, October 02, 2000 8:49 PM Subject: [Classicrendezvous] Which Holdsworth do I have?

>About ten years ago, I found a never -built Holdsworth frame in Roy's
>Sheepshead Cycle in Brooklyn. It has never been built and I'm wondering what
>is its model name or year of manufacture, and what kind of componentry might
>have come on it.
>It is Reynolds 531, kind of a turquoise blue, serial #023015 ,with wraparound
>seatstays and no dropout eyelets. Braze-ons include TT cable guides, DT
>waterbottle, single DT stop for clamp-on shifters, and top of BB cable guides.
>Is anybody in the group a Holdsworth guru or knows where to find out this



>Josh Berger