Re: [CR]Campy 3/16" ball bb stuff

Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 09:14:22 -0800
From: Brian Baylis <>
Subject: Re: [CR]Campy 3/16" ball bb stuff
References: <> <003601c0905b$404ebea0$8c00000a@marc>


Possibly the "T" could stand for triple. As far as I know all BB's made for triple cranks used the thin wall cups without the spiral hole for the spindle. Just a thought.

Brian Baylis La Mesa
> The cups with a triangle on them were part of the Triomphe gruppo
> (manufactured '84-'86). However, I remember that some of the NOS Triomphe
> bbs I had didn't have it. So it may have started some time after the
> initial introduction of Triomphe. I think it is coincidence that the "T" in
> the triangle should be construed as standing for Triomphe. I mean, why
> would Campy put a special stamp on their lowest line bb cup to signify a
> model, when they have never done it before on any of their past and present
> (at the time) lines of bbs. So my guess is it stands for something else,
> but I don't know what. I can't remember for sure, but those same triangle
> stamped cups may have been used for the first years of Athena as well.
> I don't understand you last question, could you rephrase?
> Marc Boral
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Harvey M Sachs" <>
> To: <>
> Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 6:14 AM
> Subject: [CR]Campy 3/16" ball bb stuff
> > I bought a pile of Campy bottom bracket parts at Westminster. A single
> > spindle, clearly marked for 3/16" balls, with the appropriate balls in
> cages.
> >
> > It also had a bunch of bb cups (all old-style, before helical grooves and
> > thick walls). Some have an extra mark, so they read 36 x 24 F, followed
> by
> > a T in a triangle. They look like the ones that don't have the T in the
> > triangle.
> >
> > Anyone know the difference?
> >
> > How were the cups for the 3/16" balls marked, or did they use the same
> cups?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Harvey "stumped on this one" Sachs