Re: [CR]Helmet for Classic Rider?

(Example: Production Builders:Cinelli)

From: "Diane Feldman" <>
To: <>, "Roy H. Drinkwater" <>
Cc: <>
References: <> <>
Subject: Re: [CR]Helmet for Classic Rider?
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 17:51:55 -0800

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A friend of mine who shall remain nameless-she lives in the SD area now--suffered a severe head injury due to one of those things; it used wiring ties to attach the straps to the shell and a fall where her head took a couple of bounces sheared the tie and made her injuries many times worse than they'd otherwise have been. This was fifteen years ago and fortunately her recovery was complete.

David Feldman

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Baylis
To: "Roy H. Drinkwater"
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2001 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: [CR]Helmet for Classic Rider?

> Roy,
> What you really need is a "Skid Lid" made here Insane Diego back in the
> 70's I think. Us locals called them "Squid Lids", since they were
> "awkward" looking to say the least. No, I never wore one (are you
> kidding?) but I did buy one for historical purposes at a swap meet here
> a few years ago. Are you interested? I'll give you this $20 bill to take
> it away.
> Brian Baylis
> >
> > OK, Monkeyman started it with his glove question, my apparel
> > question has to do with a helmet. I'll need a new one for this season, and
> > I'll be riding classic type bikes, with plain red or yellow jerseys, black
> > shorts, white socks & dark shoes.
> >
> > I'm looking at the Performance catalog, and all I see are candy-dipped &
> > swirled aerodynamic cheese graters. What would be an appropriate
> > rendezvouser (?) / ibob helmet? They don't make Bikers or V-1 Pros
> > anymore...
> >
> > Roy "fashion ­ conscious" Drinkwater
> > Lititz "an old German word meaning more slush", PA