Re: [CR]What is "scuttle shake?"

Example: Events:Cirque du Cyclisme:2002
From: "Aldo Ross" <>
To: <>
References: <>
Subject: Re: [CR]What is "scuttle shake?"
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 08:20:13 -0400

'Round these-here parts, we've always referred to it as "front-end shimmy" or "speed shimmy". Never heard no mention as to no "scuttle shake" before.

Aldo Ross
These-Here Parts, Ohio

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 3:20 AM
Subject: [CR]What is "scuttle shake?"

> As the title says, what is "scuttle shake"? Is that an Americanism that has
> not reached us yet. The harmonic oscillation of the front of a frame is know
> as a "speed wobble" in the UK. Sometimes as "tank slapping", but that is an
> obvious reference to motors.


> Regards

> Martin Coopland