[CR]Re: Classicrendezvous digest, Vol 1 #971 - 4 msgs


Example: Racing

Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 21:27:53 -0800
From: James Lee <james.r.lee@gte.net>
To: <classicrendezvous@bikelist.org>
In-Reply-To: <CATFOODZbLAX3cf3edn0000027a@catfood.nt.phred.org>
Subject: [CR]Re: Classicrendezvous digest, Vol 1 #971 - 4 msgs

on 12/10/01 12:02 PM, classicrendezvous-request@bikelist.org at classicrendezvous-request@bikelist.org wrote:
> Send Classicrendezvous mailing list submissions to
> classicrendezvous@bikelist.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> http://www.bikelist.org/mailman/listinfo/classicrendezvous
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> classicrendezvous-request@bikelist.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> classicrendezvous-admin@bikelist.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Classicrendezvous digest..."
>
>
> CR
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. for sale (Richard M Sachs)
> 2. For Sale: Sugino chainrings for 3-arm Maxy (nath)
> 3. Re: For Sale: Sugino chainrings for 3-arm Maxy (feldman)
> 4. CR Raleigh site Question (nick zatezalo)
>
> --__--__--
>
> Message: 1
> To: classicrendezvous@bikelist.org
> Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:05:33 -0500
> From: Richard M Sachs <richardsachs@juno.com>
> Subject: [CR]for sale
>
> I'm parting out the Campagnolo Nuevo Record components
> from a 1976 Richard Sachs bicycle, (one owner, listed on CR
> yesterday. check archives...). I have been assured that this
> bicycle had minimal use, (less than 300 miles), and I'm convinced
> that all parts are in excellant mechanical condition. Because the
> bicycle was basement-stored, the finish on some of the parts
> varys. Also, though this bicycle was assembled in 1976, the
> dates on these parts don't match. FWIW, nobody cared about
> tihs stuff then, and Campagnolo didn't have a real distribution
> system in the U.S.A. until 1974 or so, therefore many parts
> available were imported before then.
> Here goes:
> 1) NR 130 shortie seatpost. 27.2......$50
> 2) NR front der. w/circlip. Flat cage......$50
> 3) NR rear der. dated 1973.....$90
> 4) NR Large Flange hubset. 36 hole. Straight skewers.
> Front locknuts say '67'. Rear locknuts say '65'. Front
> hub says 'Record'. Rear hub does NOT say 'Record'.
> Very rare......$150
> 5) NR standard reach brakeset. Flat qr's. Plated wheel
> guides The levers are the first generation brake levers, the
> version considered 'long reach' because they had a different
> radius and sat further from the bars than later versions.
> Very rare.....$125
> 6) NR crankset. Undated. Very rare.165. 42/50. All markings
> read 'Patent'. No toestrap rubs!......$175
> 7) NR 1046a bottom bracket. Italian threads.....$60
> 8) TA Professional water bottle cage. XLNT condition.....$25
> 9) Regina Oro 5speed 14-22 freewheel. Notched, not splined....$25
> 10) Cinelli old logo bar/stem combo. Stem is 1a size 8cm. Bars are
> Criterium 65, 38cm width.......$75
> 11) NR chrome pedal set. Not the version with the toe strap loop....$50
>
>
> Here are the vital signs:
> The brake lever hoods are fully intact, though dry. The levers have
> some scratches. The rear hub had a speedo-thingy mounted and there
> are marks from the assembling of this device. Also, there is a small
> ding, 1-2mm, above one of the spoke holes. The pedal's outermost
> points show some rust from leaning the bike against a wall on and off
> all these years. Otherwise, the outward appearances of all parts listed
> above are in good shape. Again, this bicycle saw minimal use and these
> parts, except maybe the lever hoods, have alot of life left to give.
>
> Please contact me offlist if you're interesting. I mean 'interested'.
> e-RICHIE
> Chester, CT
> 'getting ready for the Natz in Baltimore this week and
> "Operation: Kick Butt/Take Names/Get S+S Jersey"
>
>
> --__--__--
>
> Message: 2
> From: "nath" <ferness261@voyager.net>
> To: <classicrendezvous@bikelist.org>
> Subject: [CR]For Sale: Sugino chainrings for 3-arm Maxy
> Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:13:50 -0600
>
> Hello, all!
>
> I asked about these Sugino chainrings recently on the list thinking that I
> might find a crank to use them with. But other things are clamoring for
> attention (the darkroom, the guitar, the car), so here they are for sale.
> They seem very hard to find, but they're certainly not the hottest items out
> there, so they're priced accordingly.
>
> Still, if you've got a 3-armed Sugino Maxy crank (106 BCD) on an circa 70s
> Crescent or such, and you need some new rings, these would fit the bill.
> All the rings are NOS (mint, I think, but if not, they're mighty close);
> there's one of each of the following sizes for sale:
>
> 56 t -- $6 (plus shipping)
> 46 t -- $6 (plus shipping)
> 42 t -- $6 (plus shipping)
> 38 t -- $6 (plus shipping)
> 34 t -- $6 (plus shipping)
> 33 t -- $6 (plus shipping)
>
> If you want all six chainrings, make it $34 *including* Priority Mail
> shipping . . . if you're in the US, that is!
>
> If you're outside the US, shipping will be higher; if you buy fewer than all
> six rings, shipping will likely be $3.95 or less via Priority Mail (or less
> if you go first class).
>
> If you're interested, e-mail me off list at ferness261@voyager.net .
>
> Thanks!
>
> nathanael dresser
> 336 e. jefferson st.
> spring green, wi 53588
>
>
> --__--__--
>
> Message: 3
> From: "feldman" <feldmanbike@yahoo.com>
> To: "nath" <ferness261@voyager.net>, <classicrendezvous@bikelist.org>
> Subject: Re: [CR]For Sale: Sugino chainrings for 3-arm Maxy
> Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:20:23 -0800
>
> For those seeking a "vintage" appearance for their bike:
> An acquaintance of mine some years ago bought a shiny red Singer when he was
> visiting France and assembled it with 3-pin Maxy cranks to simulate the
> appearance of Rene Herse arms. This guy was at the time a mechanic and
> "Campy snob," and just wanted his new bike to look older and more French
> than it really was!
> David feldman
> Vancouver WA
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "nath" <ferness261@voyager.net>
> To: <classicrendezvous@bikelist.org>
> Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 9:13 AM
> Subject: [CR]For Sale: Sugino chainrings for 3-arm Maxy
>
>
>> Hello, all!
>>
>> I asked about these Sugino chainrings recently on the list thinking that I
>> might find a crank to use them with. But other things are clamoring for
>> attention (the darkroom, the guitar, the car), so here they are for sale.
>> They seem very hard to find, but they're certainly not the hottest items
> out
>> there, so they're priced accordingly.
>>
>> Still, if you've got a 3-armed Sugino Maxy crank (106 BCD) on an circa 70s
>> Crescent or such, and you need some new rings, these would fit the bill.
>> All the rings are NOS (mint, I think, but if not, they're mighty close);
>> there's one of each of the following sizes for sale:
>>
>> 56 t -- $6 (plus shipping)
>> 46 t -- $6 (plus shipping)
>> 42 t -- $6 (plus shipping)
>> 38 t -- $6 (plus shipping)
>> 34 t -- $6 (plus shipping)
>> 33 t -- $6 (plus shipping)
>>
>> If you want all six chainrings, make it $34 *including* Priority Mail
>> shipping . . . if you're in the US, that is!
>>
>> If you're outside the US, shipping will be higher; if you buy fewer than
> all
>> six rings, shipping will likely be $3.95 or less via Priority Mail (or
> less
>> if you go first class).
>>
>> If you're interested, e-mail me off list at ferness261@voyager.net .
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> nathanael dresser
>> 336 e. jefferson st.
>> spring green, wi 53588
>>
>
>
> --__--__--
>
> Message: 4
> From: "nick zatezalo" <nickzz@mindspring.com>
> To: "CR CHAT" <classicrendezvous@bikelist.org>
> Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:56:27 -0500
> Subject: [CR]CR Raleigh site Question
>
> Who was the manufacturer of the headlugs & seatlug for
> the Charlie Connor 1977 Pro listing on the CR Raleigh site?
> Thanks
> Nick Zatezalo
> Rainy First Real Day of Winter Weather in Atlanta,Ga.

>

>

>

> --__--__--