[CR]Vintage pump question

(Example: Production Builders:Frejus)

Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:34:33 -0400
To: Classicrendezvous@bikelist.org
From: Tom Hayes <hayesbikes@mail.nls.net>
Subject: [CR]Vintage pump question

I have just received a sixties Jack Taylor touring bike. On the downtube are two brazed on pump holders: one just above the shifter levers and the other slightly above where the downtube derailleur wire guides would be. They are inverted "L" shaped with a ">" at the end of the _ . It is setup so that the >'s oppose each other and a pump fits between them.

Was there a specific pump used at this time that would have the indentations on both ends to fit between these braze-ons? I only recall seeing pumps where one end would fit into the brazed-on "L".

Thank you.



Tom Hayes
18585 Munn Road
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023