[CR]Re: Cinellii status

Example: Framebuilders:Mario Confente
From: "kevin gosney" <kevingosney10@hotmail.com>
To: classicrendezvous@bikelist.org
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 04:28:08 +0000
Subject: [CR]Re: Cinellii status

Listmembers,

I'm soliciting your thoughts on how to "finish" my red '73 Cinelli Special Corsa, serial #1748. It is as original now as the day it was purchased from Spence Wolf's Cupertino Bike Shop on September 6, 1973 (thanks Vance). So what's the problem you ask? I understand that Spence had an issue with how Cinelli packed their frames for shipping, therefore he specified no downtube decals be applied at the factory . ergo, this beauty has no downtube decals. The original buyer requested an Avocet Racing II saddle, Phil bottom bracket and thin foam Grab-On handlebar wrap. Fortunately the original owner also bought a Campy bbkt and Cinelli #2 saddle along with the bike, these I have,both NOS/NIP. So your thoughts: have dt decals applied and change out the saddle, bbkt and handlebar wrap, or leave as Spence and the original buyer intended? cool, drizzle in P-Town

Kevin ------------------------------------------

&gt;From: classicrendezvous-request@bikelist.org

&gt;Reply-To: classicrendezvous@bikelist.org

&gt;To: classicrendezvous@bikelist.org

&gt;Subject: Classicrendezvous digest, Vol 1 #1087 - 11 msgs

&gt;Date: 30 Jan 2002 12:04:41 -0800

&gt;

&gt;or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to

&gt; classicrendezvous-request@bikelist.org

&gt;

&gt;You can reach the person managing the list at

&gt; classicrendezvous-admin@bikelist.org

&gt;

&gt;When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific

&gt;than "Re: Contents of Classicrendezvous digest..."

&gt;CR

&gt;Today's Topics:

&gt;

&gt; 1. Re: Woooooooo. The zeus brakes are gone! Please leave my inbox alone. (OROBOYZ@aol.com)

&gt; 2. Re: quinn on eBay (Mike Self)

&gt; 3. Cosmetically sympathetic wheel components (feldman)

&gt; 4. Ideale Mod. 80 and 90: Brooks equivalents? (Lee Berg)

&gt; 5. Forgot to Change subject line to Brooks Saddle comfort (Mike Self)

&gt; 6. Re: Re: cyclocross (Sarah Gibson)

&gt; 7. RE: The color of a Bianchi Specialissima (Alan)

&gt; 8. San Antonio tomorrow... (OROBOYZ@aol.com)

&gt; 9. Re: Herse on Ebay (Fred Rafael Rednor)

&gt; 10. Re: RE: The color of a Bianchi Specialissima (Philcycles@aol.com)

&gt; 11. wool jerseys on eBay (Ray Coffey)

&gt;--__--__--

&gt;Message: 1

&gt;From: OROBOYZ@aol.com

&gt;Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:00:04 EST

&gt;Subject: Re: [CR]Woooooooo. The zeus brakes are gone! Please leave my inbox alone.

&gt;To: REClassicBikes@aol.com, classicrendezvous@bikelist.org

&gt;In a message dated 1/30/2002 11:19:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,

&gt;REClassicBikes@aol.com writes:

&gt;

&gt;&lt;&lt; Being the list manager has some benefits as Dale got first shout. &gt;&gt;

&gt;

&gt;Hey now! I am playing fair as I get the CR e-mail at the same time as the

&gt;rest of you nerds!

&gt;FYI, many many months ago, I rid myself of "editing" the mail before its

&gt;posted. Now I get it when the rest of you do...

&gt;Dale Brown

&gt;Greensboro, North Carolina

&gt;--__--__--

&gt;Message: 2

&gt;From: "Mike Self"

&gt;To: "Questor" ,

&gt; "classicrendezvous"

&gt;Subject: Re: [CR]quinn on eBay

&gt;Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:47:05 -0500

&gt;Steve,

&gt;

&gt;I bet your saddle sores come from your period correct Professional saddle

&gt;vs. the B17's I ride. For many of us I think Grant P. is correct, the B17

&gt;is more comfortable.

&gt;

&gt;If you are racing/training maybe the Professional's narrower shape is

&gt;better; I was never a racer so I don't know.

&gt;Mike Self

&gt;Cincinnati, OH

&gt;----- Original Message -----

&gt;From: "Questor"

&gt;To: "classicrendezvous"

&gt;Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 9:20 PM

&gt;Subject: Re: [CR]quinn on eBay

&gt;

&gt; &gt; weekend in Cincinnati, OH"

&gt; &gt;

&gt;--__--__--

&gt;Message: 3

&gt;From: "feldman"

&gt;To:

&gt;Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:16:30 -0800

&gt;Subject: [CR]Cosmetically sympathetic wheel components

&gt;

&gt;This came about during a phone discussion with another listmember =

&gt;yesterday. I have a bike repair business, he was asking me about the =

&gt;availability of period spokes--Robergel, Radealli (spelling?) etc. I =

&gt;proposed a few items that have superior modern quality (this boy has =

&gt;built wheels for 30 years, I don't want to hear about good, old spokes =

&gt;as there weren't any!) but vintage appearance for cyclists who want =

&gt;spokes that don't break and might not want to use tubular tires. These =

&gt;are my favorites for period appearance with modern reliability, it would =

&gt;be good to hear any others:

&gt;Spokes: Wheelsmith butted have a sharper transition between butt and =

&gt;midsection that looks more like an older type of spoke than DT's more =

&gt;gradual diameter change.

&gt;Rims: Torelli Expert, 480 gram clincher rim of a squarer appearance, =

&gt;clear anodized, shaped like old Mavic Mod E.

&gt;At ten feet it would look acceptably like an old tubular rim especially =

&gt;when shod with:

&gt;Tires: Vredestein Fortezza, or Rivendel Roly Poly depending on how =

&gt;skinny or fat a tire you want. Both fast rolling, comfortable, and =

&gt;tough. Both have skin sidewalls and black tread. Hope this keeps =

&gt;anyone from setting their 1965 classic up with blue Open Pros and =

&gt;green-striped Michelins!

&gt;David Feldman

&gt;Vancouver, WA

&gt;--__--__--

&gt;Message: 4

&gt;Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:39:34 -0800

&gt;From: Lee Berg

&gt;To: classicrendezvous

&gt;Subject: [CR]Ideale Mod. 80 and 90: Brooks equivalents?

&gt;

&gt;In terms of size and shape, what are the closest Brooks equivalents to

&gt;the Ideale Model 80 and Model 90? For saddles of the same period, how

&gt;does Ideale quality compare to Brooks?

&gt;Lee Berg

&gt;Palo Alto, Calif.

&gt;--__--__--

&gt;Message: 5

&gt;From: "Mike Self"

&gt;To: "classicrendezvous"

&gt;Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:45:35 -0500

&gt;Subject: [CR]Forgot to Change subject line to Brooks Saddle comfort

&gt;Sorry gang,

&gt;

&gt;Before someone zings me, I apologize for not changing the subject line on my

&gt;previous email.

&gt;Mike Self

&gt;Cincinnati. OH

&gt;----- Original Message -----

&gt;From: "Mike Self"

&gt;To: "Questor" ; "classicrendezvous"

&gt;Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 11:47 AM

&gt;Subject: Re: [CR]quinn on eBay

&gt; &gt; Steve,

&gt; &gt;

&gt; &gt; I bet your saddle sores come from your period correct Professional saddle

&gt; &gt; vs. the B17's I ride. For many of us I think Grant P. is correct, the B17

&gt; &gt; is more comfortable.

&gt; &gt;

&gt; &gt; If you are racing/training maybe the Professional's narrower shape is

&gt; &gt; better; I was never a racer so I don't know.

&gt; &gt;

&gt; &gt; Mike Self

&gt; &gt; Cincinnati, OH

&gt; &gt;

&gt; &gt; ----- Original Message -----

&gt; &gt; From: "Questor"

&gt; &gt; To: "classicrendezvous"

&gt; &gt; Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 9:20 PM

&gt; &gt; Subject: Re: [CR]quinn on eBay

&gt; &gt;

&gt; &gt;

&gt; &gt; &gt; Please make that "Bracing for torture by Brooks seat saddle sores this

&gt; &gt; &gt; weekend in Cincinnati, OH"

&gt; &gt; &gt;