Re: [CR]Clement tubular/chinchers?????

(Example: Framebuilding:Technology)

From: <>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 18:17:36 EST
Subject: Re: [CR]Clement tubular/chinchers?????

In a message dated 10/26/2003 5:00:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, writes: Can anyone on the list explain these tires (or validate eBay description)? Also, anyone on the list have actual experience using them? If so, please share your impressions. These would certainly look good on a clincher rimmed on-topic bike.<blah

Thanks in advance,

Eric Elman Somers, CT I haven't seen the listing nor the description, but we syll have a small spindle (yes, a wooden SPINDLE that doesn't rotate, like a steel SPINDLE that is used to SPINDLE papers on my desk) full of these on the wall. We caled them clinchubulars. They seem ti be tubeless or have a tube ratrher pewrmanently vulcanived (as opposed to sewn) into the, They feed inrto the rim similar to the more contemporary Tufo tubeless clinchers. They were repaired with a plug and / or solution-thru-valve-hole method.
Larry Black
Mt airy, Md