[CR]Re: Bilam and shaping machine

(Example: Framebuilders:Doug Fattic)

From: <StuartMX4@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:14:37 EDT
To: classicrendezvous@bikelist.org
Subject: [CR]Re: Bilam and shaping machine

Surely, a shaping machine is the correct term for what is more commonly called a shaper. It is used to machine flat surfaces by the reciprocating action of a tool rather than the rotating action of a milling cutter, and it could not cut out shapes. It must have been a slip of the tongue. What could he have meant, please, all you engineers out there? Stuart Tallack in Sussex