[CR]Woods Valves British, Schraeder size?

(Example: Framebuilding:Paint)

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:44:11 -0400
From: "HM & SS Sachs" <sachs@erols.com>
To: Classic Rendezvous <classicrendezvous@bikelist.org>, samclingo@hotmail.com
Subject: [CR]Woods Valves British, Schraeder size?

Sam Lingo suggests that the odd valve that used a little rubber sleve or hose but had Presta-size diameter was a Woods valve.

For decades, there has been an old-fashioned valve which I think came with a 26x1-1/4 tube on a British bike. Schraeder diameter, has little rubber hose inside. If memory serves, my early Dunlop repair kits came with a chunk of this stuff. I believe, but could be wrong, that the Woods Valve is this Schraeder-size thing.

harvey sachs mcLean va +++++++++++++++ I do not remember the name of this valve. If you look in the old TipTop and other brand repair kits,there was always a little rubber hose, that was a replacement valve core for these valves. It did however use the same pump as a Presta valve.

I beleave they are called Woods valves

sam lingo,pleasanton tx