Hey................................. Best to stay away from all flamables no matter how well they clean your rims, motor ,floor or hands!! (or burn down your garage) Solvents are absorbed thru the skin or are inhaled . Studys have shown they show up in your urine in less than 45 minutes of exposure. They are responsible for Lung and Liver tumors,circulatory problems and cause brain damage. There are so called "Safe Solvents" which are non flamable but still exhibit all the bad qualitys of their brothers.
If your going to use a wire brush spinning at 20,000RPM be sure and wear eye protection!
Water based or citrus based cleaners maybe safer but be sure and consult the MSDS for each of the products you use (if they cannot provide an MSDS then dont use it)
Motherly advice from
who maxed out on both his LTEL (long term exposure limits) and STEL (short term exposure limits) long ago