Re: [CR]ebay outing: campagnolo hubs..what gives?

(Example: Component Manufacturers)

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 10:36:20 -0600
From: "Mitch Harris" <>
To: "Sheldon Brown" <>
Subject: Re: [CR]ebay outing: campagnolo hubs..what gives?
In-Reply-To: <p06240823c289da63a19b@>
References: <001401c7a655$d3284090$6401a8c0@DELL> <000201c7a69b$be7bbaf0$6501a8c0@maincomputer>

On 6/4/07, Sheldon Brown <> wrote:
> Quoth Ken Freeman:
> >First, I don't see too many high-flange sets that are not Tipo.
> "Tipo" means "type" or "model." It is not a specific model
> designation. You're probably referring to "Nuovo Tipo": "new type."

Seems an unnecessarily pedantic correction. N. Tipo hubs have been called Tipo hubs since the 70s, using an abbreviation of their full name, as you pointed out. Might as well point out that the word is not Campy but Campagnolo.

Also a fan of the 32/40 wheelset.

Mitch Harris

Little Rock Canyon, Utah