Re: [CR]Re: Cotter pins

Example: Events

Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 19:49:12 -0600
From: John Thompson <>
Organization: The Crimson Permanent Assurance
Subject: Re: [CR]Re: Cotter pins
References: <>
In-Reply-To: <>

Stuart Tallack wrote:
> Don't be too dogmatic. They are called cotter pins in Britain. What
> you describe as wire doodads are always called split pins here. The
> manufacturers call them split cotters but nobody else does. A cotter
> is a Scottish farm labourer living in a tied cottage. Two nations
> divided by a common language again.

I thought that was a cottAr:


John (ducking and running) Thompson (
Appleton WI USA