Re: [CR]Looking for a Sturmey-Archer bit

(Example: Component Manufacturers)

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:20:33 -0400
From: "Harvey Sachs" <>
Subject: Re: [CR]Looking for a Sturmey-Archer bit
To: Classic Rendezvous <>,

A couple of years ago, Beloved Spouse* and I bought an off-topic tandem whose owner suggested that we remove the collected bikes and junk from his garage. The collection must have included the contents of some old bike shop. I will bring to Cirque a couple of boxes of Sturmey-Archer bits and pieces, for sale cheaply. Too many and too diverse to list here, and too much trouble to mail out now.

Of course, there is always the possibility that Joel Ralph Flood or Sam FitzSimmons or someone else smarter than I am about business will leave Cirque with the boxes still nearly full...

harvey sachs mcLean va *Ok, ok, she won't be mentioned again, at least not today. But it has been 40 years married now to the same saint who tolerateth me. and the bikes :-)

Richard. most bike shops should carry them, still made. they sell for a dollar or two. the newer(read 1960s-on) are plastic. the older ones were metal. joel ralph flood philadelphia, PA usa

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 9:49 PM, r cielec <> wrote:

>> Ahoy !
   >> Re: the barrel shaped insert/cable stop for the Sturmey-Archer fulcrum clip (fulcrum clip is the eccentric top tube clip that looks like a cheek stuffed with a plug of tobacco)
   >> I have need of that insert or suggestion for a Do It Yourself substitute (maybe some standard hardware item I can modify. Yeah, if I only had a lathe.)
   >> Thanks.
   >> Richard Cielec
   >> Chicago, Illinois; U.S.A