Thinning the herd so I am selling this 1984ish Raleigh Alyeska Touring bike.
The link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/raleypc/?saved=1
- Frame lugged and built with Raleigh 555 butted tubing. 58 ctc seat tube. 57 ctc top tube. 103 wheelbase, 43.5 chainstays. Braze-ons for rear rack and fender stays. Two sets of eyelets on fork. Two sets of bottle bosses.
- Almost perfect original paint in metallic brown with gold headtube and trim.
- Nitto bars and stem
- Dia Compe cantilevers
- Raleigh branded sealed bearing high flange hubs
- Raleigh branded 27" alloy rims (Araya)
- Continental Gatorskins
- Raleigh branded sealed BB
- Half step plus granny gearing; 50-45-28 and 13-16-20-24-30 IIRC
- MKS touring pedals
- Brooks B-15 saddle
A nice ride and great commuter or touring bike. They also made this same basic bike with 650B wheels and called it the Portage.
Also included are a spare Raleigh branded crankset, Raleigh branded pedals, and Raleigh branded stem and randonneur bars. Most of the Raleigh branded parts have cool little red decals on them. Price: $295 plus shipping Thanks, Paul Raley Leonardtown MD