Re: [CR] "Thingy"

(Example: Production Builders:Frejus)

In-Reply-To: <896DF426335E47D6BD7A6980B0ADB178@workhorse>
References: <896DF426335E47D6BD7A6980B0ADB178@workhorse>
From: "Mark Fulton" <>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 22:14:01 -0700
To: Todd Grantham <>
Subject: Re: [CR] "Thingy"

> Todd wrote, "What do you call the small aluminum ferrule "thingy"
> that the brake cable threads through, to go into the rubber brake
> hood. Basically a brake hood cable stop? Where would I find some?"

I call them "ferrules" and I found two this morning beside my bed when I stepped on them barefooted. Actually this morning I called them something entirely different. I'm not making this up. But seriously, they come with most road brake cable sets. I'm sure your LBS would be happy to give you some. Probably even if you ask for "thingies" as described above. I ask for stuff like that at my local Mike's all the time. They always know what I mean.

Mark Fulton
Redwood City