Re: [CR] Was: repair question. Now: "Stud gun"?

(Example: Framebuilding:Brazing Technique)

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 22:02:03 +0200
From: "M-gineering" <>
Cc: <>
References: <> <> <>
In-Reply-To: <>
Subject: Re: [CR] Was: repair question. Now: "Stud gun"? wrote:
> John wrot4e:
> << ...give the guy 30 bucks to use a stud gun and properly pull the dent out. Emphasize to him to hold the tube steady around the dent because you don't want a bow in your tube. The stud gun is wonder. >>
> John:
> Tell us about this tool. It's a new one to me...
> Dale Brown
> Greensboro, North Carolina USA

It's a spotwelder which welds nails to the surface. With a slidehammer you can pull on the nails.

You could also use washers brazed on their edge

-- mvg

Marten Gerritsen
Kiel Windeweer